16 June 2009

Project brief

For this project I have to construct an image for a new artist. I can either use an existing piece of music, or I can write my own. I'm considering writing my own because I play piano, keyboards and synthesizers, and I'll also have access to an electribe, which meant that I could create a backing beat/drum sounds. Also, I think I can borrow a Kaoss pad from a friend, which means I could add a wider variety of sound.
However, I would enjoy using an existing piece of music as I'd like to attempt lip-synchronisation, and experiment with a narrative video.
My love of rock/alternative music has compelled me to travel down that route. My favorite female vocalists are -
Imogen Heap, Alice Glass (Crystal Castles), Lady Gaga, Lady Hawke and Rie Fu.
Luckily, I use the same synthesizer as Imogen Heap and Alice Glass, but I could get away with using my synthesizer in a song by Lady Gaga or Lady Hawke as they both use synthesized sounds. Rie Fu has an amazing voice which is accomapined solomly by a piano, which is also helpful because the school can offer me a piano, or a have a large Casio keyboard.
I haven't come to any conclusions as to what I want to do yet. It's a matter of experimentation and seeing which I feel most comfortable doing.



Life Is Like A Boat - Rie Fu



Just For Now - Imogen Heap



Just Dance - Lady Gaga



Crime Wave - Crystal Castles



Paris Is Burning - Lady Hawke


I hope this gives some idea of what kind of sound I'd like to use in my music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment